A New Crate

If you've been following my articles, you may know that little things can delight me. One of those little things tickled my fancy this week when I spotted a few plastic dog kennels at the UCC garage sale. 

I began picturing our emergency bird crate at the Museum. The crate sits outside, just in case a fire or other disaster prevents us from entering the building. The emergency crate could help us evacuate one of the birds.

Unfortunately our emergency crate was pretty janky. A creative person, long ago, modified this crate to stand upright on the metal door.

The old emergency crate. (click for larger image)

I've only kept it because it would theoretically hold a bird in an emergency. 

When I saw the crates at the UCC sale, I realized we could finally replace it with an affordable, more reliable option. My eyes lit up when I saw this particular crate. It's an old style that I can't find online anymore. The plastic is more sturdy and it has perfectly placed ergonomic hand grips on the sides. I couldn't believe it!

This one might be too nice to remain an emergency crate. It may soon get upgraded to Otto the owl's primary crate. I hope he likes it!

 
Look at those hand grips! 😍


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Technically in the Way

Stress Bars

Worm